Attach multiple executables to single ATL COM EXE instance
Author Message
 Attach multiple executables to single ATL COM EXE instance

Here is the scenario.

1) I created a COM EXE Server with an Interface called
IAdmin.

2) I created an ATL service that instantiates IAdmin in
the COM EXE.  The ATL Service is used to keep global data
in the EXE server current.

3) I would like to have multiple clients that are
different processes attach to the same COM EXE instance.
When I run the service as a regular executable (i.e. not
as a service) this behavior is achieved.  However, as soon
as I install the service as an NT service, the behavior
changes.  Each process instantiates its own copy of the
COM EXE server.

Can I achieve this behavior while the service is running
as a service?  Any suggestions.

Thanks

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:55:52 GMT
 Attach multiple executables to single ATL COM EXE instance
DCOMCnfg/Settings for your server/Identity - slect This User and fill
in the NT account your server is to run under.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Here is the scenario.

> 1) I created a COM EXE Server with an Interface called
> IAdmin.

> 2) I created an ATL service that instantiates IAdmin in
> the COM EXE.  The ATL Service is used to keep global data
> in the EXE server current.

> 3) I would like to have multiple clients that are
> different processes attach to the same COM EXE instance.
> When I run the service as a regular executable (i.e. not
> as a service) this behavior is achieved.  However, as soon
> as I install the service as an NT service, the behavior
> changes.  Each process instantiates its own copy of the
> COM EXE server.

> Can I achieve this behavior while the service is running
> as a service?  Any suggestions.

> Thanks

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:14:50 GMT

1. ATL MFC EXE singleton server, single instance application

2. ATL MFC EXE singleton server, single instance application

3. How to: KILL INSTANCE of : ATL COM - Executable

4. Single-instance object starts multiple instances

5. How to enable and create multiple instances of a COM server in ATL

6. ATL COM EXE Multiple Processes

7. Single instance of MFC executable

8. Newbie question: multiple executables in single project?

9. single instance of EXE server

10. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

11. single instance of COM

12. single com server instance