Difference in #import, #importlib, #include
Author Message
 Difference in #import, #importlib, #include

Hi! All,
      What is the difference in writing

      #import ....
      #importlib ...
      #include ....

    inside an idl file.

- Santosh.M.Pillai

Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:56:21 GMT
 Difference in #import, #importlib, #include

See Importing System Header Files on MSDN

importlib only bring in types
import brings in whole interface, like IDispatch
include should not be used except in rare cases and then only inside the
definintions, not like in a cpp file. Thats how I understand it.

Thus far I've never had reason to add import to the idl, I normally just
bring in libraries in normal h or cpp files. I guess if you wanted an
interface that say passed out an ADO recordset, you would think about an
importlib because you just need the type definitions.

Quote:
> Hi! All,
>       What is the difference in writing

>       #import ....
>       #importlib ...
>       #include ....

>     inside an idl file.

> - Santosh.M.Pillai

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:16:47 GMT

1. importlib does not import enum type

2. why not #import vs #include

3. #import versus #include

4. ADO #import/#include "adoint.h" conflicts

5. midl: import, include and directories

6. Is dynamic adding of #include or #import possible?

7. Missing includes in /usr/include/linux/*.h and /usr/include/asm.h

8. VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4

9. Use of importlib

10. importlib problem with Visual C++ 6

11. ATL, importlib attribute, library attribute, ADO

12. VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4