DOMDocument create failes in service
Author Message
 DOMDocument create failes in service

Hi!  I wrote an ATL dll which makes use of msxml3.dll .  Then I use this dll in
an ATL service exe.  When the service is ran in de{*filter*} everything goes
smoothely, but wen it is ran standalone I get an error from inside of my dll
where it tries to create an instance of IXMLDOMDocument2.  (The error "Class Not
Registered")
Here is the code..
MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2*  pDoc;
MULTI_QI qi = { &__uuidof ( MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2 ), NULL, S_OK } ;
hr = CoCreateInstanceEx ( MSXML2::CLSID_FreeThreadedDOMDocument30 , NULL,
CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, NULL, 1, &qi ) ;

I replaced the CLSID in my attempts to make it work...
Nothing simse to work.

Can anyone please help!!

Thank you

Filipp Rakevich.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:16:38 GMT

1. Creating DOMDocument object

2. How to create a DOMDocument in eVC40?

3. Help creating a simple service using ATL Service

4. DOMDocument.load() returns -1 yet it works?

5. ISequentialStream BSTR and DOMDocument

6. Passing DOMDocuments in/out of com components

7. Using IXMLDOMDocument/DOMDocument 4.0

8. CoCreateInstanceEX failes in a DCOM architecture

9. GetDlgControl on ITreeView failes on Win2000...Please help !!!

10. CDatabase.Open failes

11. LoadLibrary failes

12. LoadLibrary failes with 31 ERROR_GEN_FAILURE under Windows 98