COM properties don't show in VB watch window
Author Message
 COM properties don't show in VB watch window

Hi

I am building an ATL COM component (DLL) for use with VB
but I cannot see the properties' values in VB's Watch
window even though I can debug.print them.

That is, when I do:

Debug.Print myObj.myProperty

I get the property value but if I add a watch to myObj I
get a <No Variables> instead of the properties values.

In the C++ side I have the put_... and get_... pairs and
they look alright.

Where should I be looking for the problem?

Thanks
Jose

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:07:03 GMT
 COM properties don't show in VB watch window
Hi

I am building an ATL COM component (DLL) for use with VB
but I cannot see the properties' values in VB's Watch
window even though I can debug.print them.

That is, when I do:

Debug.Print myObj.myProperty

I get the property value but if I add a watch to myObj I
get a <No Variables> instead of the properties values.

In the C++ side I have the put_... and get_... pairs and
they look alright.

Where should I be looking for the problem?

Thanks
Jose

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:06:59 GMT
 COM properties don't show in VB watch window
Try implementing IProvideClassInfo2 on your ATL object. Not sure
if this will help though...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi

> I am building an ATL COM component (DLL) for use with VB
> but I cannot see the properties' values in VB's Watch
> window even though I can debug.print them.

> That is, when I do:

> Debug.Print myObj.myProperty

> I get the property value but if I add a watch to myObj I
> get a <No Variables> instead of the properties values.

> In the C++ side I have the put_... and get_... pairs and
> they look alright.

> Where should I be looking for the problem?

> Thanks
> Jose

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 03:29:41 GMT

1. Adding property pages dynamically don't show up

2. Help: damn vectors won't show up in watch window

3. Watch won't show pointer address

4. Variable data not showing in watch windows

5. wrong value for a variable showing in the watch window

6. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

7. ATL COM object can't get arrays from VB in VB/VC6

8. Asp.Net controls don't show up

9. Notifications from CContainedWindow don't always show in ALT_MSG_MAP(1) as specified

10. Classes don't show up in ClassView

11. Breakpoints don't show up in IDE

12. Classview don't show correct params