dependancy on atl.dll
Author Message
 dependancy on atl.dll

I've got a win32 app that we added some atl features into (like control
hosting).  Now its dependant on atl.dll.  How can I statically link this in?
I add _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY and remove the _ATL_DLL_IMPL I get an unresolved
external for AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxGetControl.  According to atldef.h
ATLINLINE should expand to simply inline.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

-peter

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 04:57:42 GMT
 dependancy on atl.dll
Salutation,

There is an atl.lib file so you can implicitly link to the dll.

Look for it in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\Atl.lib

Quote:
> I've got a win32 app that we added some atl features into (like control
> hosting).  Now its dependant on atl.dll.  How can I statically link this
in?
> I add _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY and remove the _ATL_DLL_IMPL I get an
unresolved
> external for AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxGetControl.  According to atldef.h
> ATLINLINE should expand to simply inline.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

> -peter

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 05:48:28 GMT
 dependancy on atl.dll
ok...done that now I dont get the unresolved external, but if I delete
atl.dll, and run the program I get a "a required DLL is missing: ATL.dll"
-peter

Quote:
> Salutation,

> There is an atl.lib file so you can implicitly link to the dll.

> Look for it in
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\Atl.lib

> > I've got a win32 app that we added some atl features into (like control
> > hosting).  Now its dependant on atl.dll.  How can I statically link this
> in?
> > I add _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY and remove the _ATL_DLL_IMPL I get an
> unresolved
> > external for AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxGetControl.  According to atldef.h
> > ATLINLINE should expand to simply inline.

> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

> > -peter

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:14:07 GMT
 dependancy on atl.dll
Of course - that's an import lib... Restore the _ATL_DLL_IMPL symbol.
It statically links the code in atl.dll into your component. Unfortunately,
if you use ActiveX Control hosting, you still need atl.dll for the hosting
support...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> ok...done that now I dont get the unresolved external, but if I delete
> atl.dll, and run the program I get a "a required DLL is missing: ATL.dll"
> -peter

> > Salutation,

> > There is an atl.lib file so you can implicitly link to the dll.

> > Look for it in
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\Atl.lib

> > > I've got a win32 app that we added some atl features into (like
control
> > > hosting).  Now its dependant on atl.dll.  How can I statically link
this
> > in?
> > > I add _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY and remove the _ATL_DLL_IMPL I get an
> > unresolved
> > > external for AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxGetControl.  According to atldef.h
> > > ATLINLINE should expand to simply inline.

> > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

> > > -peter

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:02:39 GMT
 dependancy on atl.dll
So if I'm a application hosting a control, I'm better off without the
_ATL_DLL_IMPL since I need to distribute atl.dll anyways.
right?
-p

Quote:
> Of course - that's an import lib... Restore the _ATL_DLL_IMPL symbol.
> It statically links the code in atl.dll into your component.
Unfortunately,
> if you use ActiveX Control hosting, you still need atl.dll for the hosting
> support...

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > ok...done that now I dont get the unresolved external, but if I delete
> > atl.dll, and run the program I get a "a required DLL is missing:
ATL.dll"
> > -peter

> > > Salutation,

> > > There is an atl.lib file so you can implicitly link to the dll.

> > > Look for it in
> > > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\Atl.lib

> control
> this
> > > in?
> > > unresolved

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:16:02 GMT
 dependancy on atl.dll
Salutation,

Look for this How to in MSDN

"HOWTO: Adding ATL Control Containment Support to Any Window"

It says

"Atl.dll needs to be shipped when using ATL containment code irrespective of
whether you 'Min Size' or 'Min Dependency' build. Refer to Q244955 for more
information."

Hope it helps,

Francois Belair

Quote:
> So if I'm a application hosting a control, I'm better off without the
> _ATL_DLL_IMPL since I need to distribute atl.dll anyways.
> right?
> -p

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:40:04 GMT

1. Oleacc.dll new dependancy

3. Using AFX EXT DLL ATL objects in ATL EXE server

4. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

5. ATL.MSM does not register ATL.DLL properly

6. Atl control dependency on atl.dll

7. Newbie question --- ATL dll using Wininet.dll

8. function dependancy

9. ATL DLL event sink with a VB ActiveX DLL event source

10. diff b/w usual .dll and .dll developed in atl com

11. Circular dependancy

12. Calling DLL from withing ATL DLL