Type Library Registration Problem
Author Message
 Type Library Registration Problem

I am working on a MFC application which has a ATL object
with a custom interface. In order to get it to work with
VBScript client, I added a dual interface to it. Somehow
the original application was manually configured to
generate a DLL proxy/stub to register the COM object.
However, the DLL does not register the type library which
VBScript clients must use. So I have to use a third-party
script to register the type library separately. Is there
any way I can integrate type library registration into the
code or the building process? Thanks!

Nan

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:44:41 GMT
 Type Library Registration Problem
Easy with the build process - Project | Settings | Custom Build. As to
incorporating it into code, ask in MFC group, since you say your app is
MFC.

BTW, VBScript does not use type library. But I guess you implement your
interface with IDispatchImpl, which does need a type library.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am working on a MFC application which has a ATL object
> with a custom interface. In order to get it to work with
> VBScript client, I added a dual interface to it. Somehow
> the original application was manually configured to
> generate a DLL proxy/stub to register the COM object.
> However, the DLL does not register the type library which
> VBScript clients must use. So I have to use a third-party
> script to register the type library separately. Is there
> any way I can integrate type library registration into the
> code or the building process? Thanks!

> Nan

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:33:47 GMT

1. Type Library Registration

2. Type Library Registration

3. MessengerAPI type library - IDispatch enum type problem

4. Urgent.......Please See Regarding the registration of file types

5. Type Library problem

6. Problem getting Type Library to regester

7. HELP: #import problem w/ COM type library

8. #import type library problems

9. Problems with ClassWizard and VB OLE Type Libraries?

10. #import/type library problem

11. HELP: #import problem w/ COM type library

12. HRESULT return type turns into void when adding class from type library