ATL data type for VB Object data Type
Author Message
 ATL data type for VB Object data Type

Hi all,
I'm creating an interface using VC and ATL and I add a property get
procedure with an out val of type VARIANT. Then when I implement the
Interface in VB the type shows up as a Variant. Is there a COM / ATL type
that is analogous to VB's Object datatype?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:03:38 GMT
 ATL data type for VB Object data Type
IDispatch*, I think
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I'm creating an interface using VC and ATL and I add a property get
> procedure with an out val of type VARIANT. Then when I implement the
> Interface in VB the type shows up as a Variant. Is there a COM / ATL type
> that is analogous to VB's Object datatype?

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Steve

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:18:07 GMT
 ATL data type for VB Object data Type
Thanks Igor,
I'll give it a try.

Steve

Quote:
> IDispatch*, I think
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Hi all,
> > I'm creating an interface using VC and ATL and I add a property get
> > procedure with an out val of type VARIANT. Then when I implement the
> > Interface in VB the type shows up as a Variant. Is there a COM / ATL
type
> > that is analogous to VB's Object datatype?

> > Thanks in advance for any help.

> > Steve

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:20:02 GMT

1. SQL timestamp data type - correspondency with c++ data type

2. Mapping ADO data types with C++ data types

3. OLE data types / standard data types

4. Templates based on basic data types used inside ATL object

5. type casting to / from pointers to incomplete data types

6. type casting to / from pointers to incomplete data types

7. Type conversion-How can I convert cstring data type to char*

8. converting BSTR data type to common string type!

9. Newbie Question: How to use VB data types in C++

10. VB 3.0 data types from Borland C++

11. HOWTO set the property type of an ATL object to be another ATL object

12. How to use OLE_HANDLE data type in VB