"add method" on an atl-object
Author Message
 "add method" on an atl-object

Hi there!

We are working here on a COM-dll. Therefore we set up a project with a
specific directory structure. We also created some ATL-Objects. We
copied the files into our directory structure and started the compiler.
Everything is OK so far. No warnings and no errors.
Now we want to add some interfaces to the ATL-Object, so we call the
"Add method" from the menue and typed in the name of the new
interface-method. After clicking on OK we got an error, that MSVC "could
not find the header file or the source file". (I can't tell you the
exact text, because I have a german MSVC)
What is wrong here?! If I edit the *.idl, *.cpp, and *.h with the right
lines for the method, I will get what I want - a method! But with the
wizard I got this error. As we want to use the wizard, I am looking for
an answer!

Thanks in advance!
;-) Florian

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:26:06 GMT
 "add method" on an atl-object
And your answer is: don't use the wizard. It requires that your
source files and your IDL are located in the same folder as the
project itself. To further discourage you, the wizard has
limitations (doesn't support SAFERARRAY for example), and ATL
wizards are known to be ridden with bugs (in VC 6.0 at least).

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi there!

> We are working here on a COM-dll. Therefore we set up a project with a
> specific directory structure. We also created some ATL-Objects. We
> copied the files into our directory structure and started the compiler.
> Everything is OK so far. No warnings and no errors.
> Now we want to add some interfaces to the ATL-Object, so we call the
> "Add method" from the menue and typed in the name of the new
> interface-method. After clicking on OK we got an error, that MSVC "could
> not find the header file or the source file". (I can't tell you the
> exact text, because I have a german MSVC)
> What is wrong here?! If I edit the *.idl, *.cpp, and *.h with the right
> lines for the method, I will get what I want - a method! But with the
> wizard I got this error. As we want to use the wizard, I am looking for
> an answer!

> Thanks in advance!
> ;-) Florian

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 06:38:59 GMT

1. Adding hyperlink object to "about" box

2. Interface Not supported - "Custom" ATL Object

3. ATL Wizard "Internet Explorer Object" error

4. ATL COM Object in Java Script - "Object doesn't support this property or method"

5. "out" method parameter

6. "Global" methods in MC++

7. "monitoring" C# methods invocation

8. calling "super" method

9. Derived class "hiding" virtual Base method

10. ado / oledb: "method not supported" error

11. need dialog "do stuff" method