Invoking COM object from COM object
Author Message
 Invoking COM object from COM object

Hello !
    I need inovke COM object from COM object. Is there any good source of
information about that problem ? Especially I like to know answer if I
should call
CoInitialize() and CoUninitialize inside first COM objects?

Thanks in advance

Lukas

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:19:10 GMT
 Invoking COM object from COM object

Quote:
> CoInitialize() and CoUninitialize inside first COM objects?

Only executables or services need to invoke this.
By design, each *new* thread (included the main thread) should call it once
and have a corresponding CoUnitialize() when the thread ends.
COM DLLs should not invoke CoInitialize() and COM dlls better should not
create threads (have the process manage threads, or otherwise you'll get
into thread difficulties which can be solved only by very experienced
programmers)

Invoking other COM objects, is too easy but to long to describe in a few
lines :)
Start with CoCreateInstance for single interface usage (this is  a shortcut)

--
ASP Session replacement for webfarms

> Hello !
>     I need inovke COM object from COM object. Is there any good source of
> information about that problem ? Especially I like to know answer if I
> should call

> Thanks in advance

> Lukas

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:01:43 GMT

1. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method

2. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

3. COM Object returning COM Object Reference

4. COM object in a COM object

5. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

6. C++ COM-Object with COM-Object as parameter

7. Creating COM objects from COM objects

8. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

9. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

10. Using COM objects within COM objects

11. How to Invoke Com+ object

12. Invoking COM object with GUI from within ASP