Modeless dialog in COM DLL
Author Message
 Modeless dialog in COM DLL

Folks,

I'm creating an MFC  modeless dialog from within an interface method of a
in-process ATL COM dll module. The dialog works just fine except for the
fact it only receives mouse messages; keyboard hot keys and tabs are
ignored. I understand my problem is that it needs a message loop. All my
modal dialogs work as expected.

My question is how do I get a reference to the main apps loop or do I create
a hidden window in the ATL COM dll to provide a message loop for capturing
keyboard activity.

Any help or links to samples would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:50:16 GMT
 Modeless dialog in COM DLL
Modeless dialogs rely on the hosting app to call IsDialogMessage from
its message pump. Since a COM component doesn't own a message pump,
you'll have a hard time making modeless dialog to work. See KB Article
Q233263 "PRB: Modeless Dialog Box in a DLL Does Not Process TAB Key"
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Folks,

> I'm creating an MFC  modeless dialog from within an interface method
of a
> in-process ATL COM dll module. The dialog works just fine except for
the
> fact it only receives mouse messages; keyboard hot keys and tabs are
> ignored. I understand my problem is that it needs a message loop. All
my
> modal dialogs work as expected.

> My question is how do I get a reference to the main apps loop or do I
create
> a hidden window in the ATL COM dll to provide a message loop for
capturing
> keyboard activity.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 06:03:29 GMT

1. Problem with TAB control and a MODELESS dialog in a ATL COM DLL

2. Problem with TAB control and a MODELESS dialog in a ATL COM DLL

3. Modeless dialog in a COM Server

4. modeless dialog in ATL DLL

5. atl dll with and mfc modeless dialog

6. CDialog: Service calling a MFC-linked DLL instanciating a modeless dialog box

7. Modeless dialog from ActiveX DLL

8. modeless dialog box in my DLL not working

9. Modeless dialog box in DLL

10. Using TAB in modeless dialog loaded from dll

11. Modeless dialog boxes in dynamically linked dll

12. Tying a DLL and Modeless DIalog Box