ActiveX Control inside ATL DLL
Author Message
 ActiveX Control inside ATL DLL

Hi All,

I want to use an ActiveX control inside an ATL DLL.  The DLL's methods will
in turn call the OCX control
methods to do some work.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,
Arif.

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX Control inside ATL DLL
AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxCreateControl, then assign the control's
IUnknown to your #import wrapper class instance for accessing
the control's methods. I hope you don't care about the events,
but if you do, IDispEventImpl and DispEventAdvise.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I want to use an ActiveX control inside an ATL DLL.  The DLL's methods
will
> in turn call the OCX control
> methods to do some work.

> How can I do this?

> Thanks in advance,
> Arif.

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX Control inside ATL DLL
Where do I get the Parent window from. Or should I just use the good old
NULL pointer.

regards

Norman

Quote:

>AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxCreateControl, then assign the control's
>IUnknown to your #import wrapper class instance for accessing
>the control's methods. I hope you don't care about the events,
>but if you do, IDispEventImpl and DispEventAdvise.

>--
>=====================================
>Alexander Nickolov
>Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

>MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
>=====================================

>> Hi All,

>> I want to use an ActiveX control inside an ATL DLL.  The DLL's methods
>will
>> in turn call the OCX control
>> methods to do some work.

>> How can I do this?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Arif.

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX Control inside ATL DLL
Well, it is supposed to be your form. Either create another hidden
window or use NULL. I'm not sure what the implications are though.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Where do I get the Parent window from. Or should I just use the good old
> NULL pointer.

> regards

> Norman

> >AtlAxWinInit and AtlAxCreateControl, then assign the control's
> >IUnknown to your #import wrapper class instance for accessing
> >the control's methods. I hope you don't care about the events,
> >but if you do, IDispEventImpl and DispEventAdvise.

> >--
> >=====================================
> >Alexander Nickolov
> >Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> >MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> >=====================================

> >> Hi All,

> >> I want to use an ActiveX control inside an ATL DLL.  The DLL's methods
> >will
> >> in turn call the OCX control
> >> methods to do some work.

> >> How can I do this?

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Arif.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. activex control inside atl dll - repost

2. ActiveX Control inside ATL.DLL Part II

3. Problem using activex control inside ATL com dll

4. Help - Problems with Drawing an MFC ActiveX control inside on ATL compsoite control

5. Problems with Drawing an MFC ActiveX control inside on ATL compsoite control

6. ActiveX control inside another activex control

7. ActiveX control inside another ActiveX control

8. ActiveX-control inside ActiveX-control

9. Placing a hook dll inside a activex control

10. Placing a hook dll inside a activex control

11. HELP: Using DLLs Inside ActiveX Controls

12. Placing a hook dll inside a activex control