CDataSource::Open<Q>
Author Message
 CDataSource::Open<Q>

Hello,
How can I open a connection using Open method of a CDataSource class and a
connection string ONLY? For now the only way I'm able to open a connection is
if I manualy prepare CDBPropSet and then pass it to the Open method. However, I
can not hardcode these values for the project goes thru dev, QA etc. environments
where these values change. Connection string (passed to me from a client) is the
only information I get. Do I have to parse this connection string and extract
individual values w/ which I can populate CDBPropSet?

I looked at OpenFromInitializationString method but is the initialization string
the same as connection sting? Connection failed when I plugged in regular
connection string in there. What the hell is this "initialization string"? Is
there something OLE DB that would allow me to connect to a data source as easily
as good ol' ADO connection string?

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:59:23 GMT

1. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

2. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

3. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

5. >>>Windows Service<<<

6. proposal: <basic.h>, <pascal.h>, <fortran.h>, <cobol.h>

7. <<<< C Grammar for yacc needed >>>>

9. >>>> * Get keypress * <<<<

10. CDataSource.OPen(db) dies on CreateSession - why???

11. CdataSource Open error !

12. CDataSource.Open?