DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716
Author Message
 DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716

Hello !
 I am having an ATL COM dll. While registering it gives
the message : DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716 (The
specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. ).
What does it mean ?
How to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:29:24 GMT
 DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716
Assuming you have an ATL DLL, it may mean that, for some reason, .RGS
file is not bound to your DLL as a resource. Or else
DECLARE_REGISTRY_RESOURCEID macro in your coclass does not match the ID
of RGS resource.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello !
>  I am having an ATL COM dll. While registering it gives
> the message : DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716
(The
> specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. ).
> What does it mean ?
> How to solve it ?

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:14:40 GMT

1. RegSvr32 returns error code 0x80070716

2. DllRegisterServer failed

3. DllRegisterServer fails in Debug version of ATL component

4. DllRegisterServer fails in Debug version of ATL component

5. DllRegisterServer failed

6. DllRegisterServer fails in Debug version of ATL component

7. Help - RegSvr32: DllRegisterServer in tover.ocx failed. Return code was 0xc0000005

8. DllUnregisterServer failed return code : 0x80040200

9. DllUnregisterServer failed return code : 0x80040200

10. LoadLibrary failed with a return code of 126

11. ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a

12. Debug assertion failed when using DLL code