event_receiver and event_source in same class fails
Author Message
 event_receiver and event_source in same class fails

If I attempt to specify both event_receiver(com) and
event_source(com) attributes for a class then the code
will fail to compile.  The compiler can't find the event
handling method in the class while parsing the __hook
statement.  Is this a known issue/limitation?

I work around it by using the pre-7.0 event handling
mechanism but it is inconvenient to not be able to use
both in the same class.  In my case I have a data source
that sinks events from a separate data source and also
fires events on its own.  I could break the code up into
subclasses but it seems like too much extra work for
simple event handling.

Thanks,
Michael Taylor, MCP - 4/4/02
DCS Corp.

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:48:15 GMT

1. event_receiver and event_source in same class fails to compile

2. event_source and event_receiver in coclass

3. ATL7 event_source and event_receiver at the same time

4. event_source and event_receiver attributes

5. Compiler error when using event_source(native) and event_receiver(native)...

6. keyword "event_source" must in conjunction with "event_receiver"?

7. event_source(native) not injecting event initialization code into constructor always

8. event_source, and event_receive problems...

9. event_source attribute injected code does not work in thread

10. event_receiver

11. event_receiver attribute with #import

12. Strange event_receiver(com) effects