Accessing DCOm ActiveX Exe remotely - Event handling
Author Message
 Accessing DCOm ActiveX Exe remotely - Event handling

Please don't post large attachments. Thanks.

Check if you've disabled security in the client by calling
CoInitializeSecirity right after you initialize the COM library.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
=====================================

Quote:

> I am developing a DCOM ActiveX Exe(not service) using ATL
> COM Wizard.I declared an exposed method and an Event in
> the Exe.
> I made a MFC Dialog based application(Client) and using
> CCmdTarget implemented the event.The event is being
> catched correctly in the local machine when I run Client
> and Server on same machine but when I run the server
> remotely, the client does not catch the event fired by
> Server. Is there some setting required to do so.
> It gives a message box saying "Switch To and retry -
> Server busy".
> I am attaching the Client and Server with this message.

> Thanks in advance
> Shilpi

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:20:36 GMT

1. Handling Events from a Visual Basic ActiveX EXE

2. Handling Events From VB ActiveX exe

3. Access violation when trying to handle a parameter from an event fired from ActiveX DLL

4. Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

5. How we handle event fired by a client in DCOM object

6. DCOM - Retrieving Client information in ATL ActiveX Exe(Server)

7. DCOM trouble with ATL EXE server, VB ActiveX client

8. Handling Errors from a VB ActiveX exe

9. handling activex control events

10. handle events of dynamically created ActiveX ctrl

11. How to handle ActiveX-events in C++?

12. Handling Events from ActiveX Dlls.