importlib "stdole32.tlb":???
Author Message
 importlib "stdole32.tlb":???

I'm in the process of learning COM/ATL/IDL and have an
example where I declare a library and it's respective
coclasses and the example shows importlib "stdole32.tlb";
as the very first statement.  Being a good student, I
follow the example and everything works fine but I always
get "warning MIDL2015 : importlib not found :
stdole32.tlb" as a warning.  Which to me indicates that I
don't even need this statement.  So I comment it out and
everything works the same (minus the warning of course).
Is what was in the stdole32.tlb now rolled into the Win32
API or something?  I haven't been able to find any
reference to this.  Anybody have a good answer? Just
curious...

Dan

P.S. My development machine is running Windows NT 4.0 sp6

Tue, 04 May 2004 02:10:27 GMT
 importlib "stdole32.tlb":???
This is not supposed even to compile! importlib is only allowed
in the library block and has different syntax:

importlib("stdole32.tlb");

If it is not found, that may mean incomplete VS installation.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> I'm in the process of learning COM/ATL/IDL and have an
> example where I declare a library and it's respective
> coclasses and the example shows importlib "stdole32.tlb";
> as the very first statement.  Being a good student, I
> follow the example and everything works fine but I always
> get "warning MIDL2015 : importlib not found :
> stdole32.tlb" as a warning.  Which to me indicates that I
> don't even need this statement.  So I comment it out and
> everything works the same (minus the warning of course).
> Is what was in the stdole32.tlb now rolled into the Win32
> API or something?  I haven't been able to find any
> reference to this.  Anybody have a good answer? Just
> curious...

> Dan

> P.S. My development machine is running Windows NT 4.0 sp6

Sun, 16 May 2004 03:06:21 GMT

1. i can't use types from another tlb using importlib

2. remove() vrs fopen("""w")

4. Looking for "Shroud"/"Obfus"

5. ""help with TSR""

6. Parse trees and "("")"

7. Error "free"-ing "malloc"-ed memory

9. Attention "C"/"C++" gurus and "C" newbees

10. merits of "#define", "const", and "enum" ???

11. why not "cout", "<<" , and "endl"??

12. "#define" versus "con