OLEDB interfaces vs OLEDB templates
Author Message
 OLEDB interfaces vs OLEDB templates

Hi All

Is there any advantage in using OLEDB interfaces directly or using OLEDB
Templates? I am writing an application in MFC which would use OLEDB templates for
DataAccess, I do not want to use ADO. Is it possible to use OLEDB templates with
MFC or would I be better off using the interfaces directly? Should I package the
ATL.DLLs if I go the OLEDB templates route?

Thanks

Indhu

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 04:38:38 GMT
 OLEDB interfaces vs OLEDB templates
Yes, it's possible. ATL and MFC coexist peacefully.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Hi All

Is there any advantage in using OLEDB interfaces directly or using OLEDB
Templates? I am writing an application in MFC which would use OLEDB
templates for
DataAccess, I do not want to use ADO. Is it possible to use OLEDB templates
with
MFC or would I be better off using the interfaces directly? Should I package
the
ATL.DLLs if I go the OLEDB templates route?

Thanks

Indhu

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:34:00 GMT

1. ADO vs OLEDB COM vs OLEDB ATL templates

2. OLEDB Parameterised Query (beginner OLEDB)

3. VC++ OLEDB Templates: call for features/improvements

4. OLEDB Consumer Templates

5. use oledb template in EVC

6. a problem with oledb template

7. oledb templates

8. Extended error with OLEDB consumer template

9. Help OLEDB templates. Names for tables

10. bug in ATL OLEDB Templates

11. How to insert BLOB data into MSSQL with OLEDB templates library

12. Reusing datasource with OLEDB templates