Performance Monitor attributed code problem
Author Message
 Performance Monitor attributed code problem

Hello everybody!

Have anyone experience with creating ATL 7 (VC.Net Betta2)  Performance Monitor Manager, PerfMon Objects and PerfMon Counters with ATTRIBUTED code.
I've made a test project (ATL DLL) with Performance Monitor Manager, PerfMon Objects and PerfMon (just Wizard was used),

I've lanche registration

regsvr32.exe $TEST$.dll

but this test doesn't  make necessary registration in Registry

HKLM\Sotfware\Microsoft\PerfLib\009 is not modified
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\$TEST$\Performance is OK

I tried to debug, and saw, that Perf Object map is empty

part of atlperf.inl file:
--- start ---
inline HRESULT CPerfMon::Register(LPCTSTR szOpenFunc,LPCTSTR szCollectFunc,LPCTSTR szCloseFunc,HINSTANCE hDllInstance) throw()
for (UINT i=0; i<_GetNumMapEntries(); i++)
{
  CPerfMapEntry& entry = _GetMapEntry(i);
  entry.m_nNameId = dwFirstCounter + i*2;
  entry.m_nHelpId = dwFirstHelp + i*2;

Quote:
}

--- end ---
_GetNumMapEntries() returns zerro. , but I have added Perf Object and counters to my attributed code.
With nonattributed code i have no problem.

How can i solve this problem???

Yours sincerely,
    Dmitry.

Mon, 24 May 2004 04:01:45 GMT

1. Attributed and non-attributed code performance

2. ATL PerfMon attributed code problem

3. Redefinition problem in IDL with attributed code

4. Enabling ISAPI Performance Monitor Support

5. Performance Monitor

6. win 95/98/ME performance monitoring

7. Performance Monitor

8. Performance monitor tools.

9. Performance Monitoring

10. Programming to the NT Performance Monitor

11. How to monitor netcard / TCP/IP performance?

12. Performance Monitor Counter use