Q291380 FIX: Redefinition Errors When You Compile an IDL File
Author Message
 Q291380 FIX: Redefinition Errors When You Compile an IDL File

Dear Guys,
Microsoft has released the MSXML 3.0 SP1 in which it solves the BUG Q291380
that raises when the msxml2.idl file is imported in another idl file. Well
in the bug explanation microsoft states:

"The Msxml2.idl file that ships with the Microsoft XML (MSXML) 3.0 Service
Pack 1 Software Development Kit (SDK) resolves the problem when it is used
with the Msxml.idl file that shipped with Visual C++ 6.0 (dated April 1998).
To avoid the error, you just need to add the IMPORTED_MSXML macro as an
option with the Microsoft Interface Definition Language (MIDL) compiler"
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

The problem is that I am not able to find the MSXML 3.0 SP1 SDK for download
in the microsoft site. I need the SDK and not the release because I need not
just the new dll but also the new msxml2.idl file.

Could anyone help me, providing the URL from which I can download this SDK?

Thanks in advance.

Fabrizio.

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:37:51 GMT
 Q291380 FIX: Redefinition Errors When You Compile an IDL File
Hi,
  You can get the SPI from http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml. Look near the
bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Chetan N Parmar
Microsoft Corp.

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:14:35 GMT
 Q291380 FIX: Redefinition Errors When You Compile an IDL File
Thanks for the help,
but I need the MSXML 3 SP1 SDK and not the MSXML 3 SP1 release in which
there is not the msxml2.idl file.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Fabrizio.

Quote:
> Hi,
>   You can get the SPI from http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml. Look near the
> bottom of the page.

> Hope that helps.

> Regards
> Chetan N Parmar
> Microsoft Corp.

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT

1. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

2. error compiling .idl file

3. Error when compiling IDL-files in Windows 2000

4. compile error ( 'struct' redefinition )

5. Compile Error : 'class' type redefinition

6. Redefinition of interface in idl - attributed code

7. Redefinition of interface in idl with attributed code

8. Redefinition problem in IDL with attributed code

9. IDL UDT redefinition

10. Including an IDL file in an IDL file

11. Compile error I can't seem to fix

12. Troubles compiling IDL file using MIDL compiler.