Is it possible to have one instance per machine
Author Message
 Is it possible to have one instance per machine

Hello,

    Is it possible to have one instance per machine...?
[For example, several exe should use only one dll instance]
if yes can any one explain the implementation details
please...?

    Apart from that in gereral, i have some doubts :
      I heard that some of Visual studio dll loads one
instance per machine,[For ex, xyz.dll shared across VB,
VC++..] Is it correct...? if yes can you explain in detail
please...

Thanks
Venkat

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:30:21 GMT
 Is it possible to have one instance per machine
Only out-of-proc servers can implement singletons - DLLs cannot. Each
process loads its own copy of the DLL.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello,

>     Is it possible to have one instance per machine...?
> [For example, several exe should use only one dll instance]
> if yes can any one explain the implementation details
> please...?

>     Apart from that in gereral, i have some doubts :
>       I heard that some of Visual studio dll loads one
> instance per machine,[For ex, xyz.dll shared across VB,
> VC++..] Is it correct...? if yes can you explain in detail
> please...

> Thanks
> Venkat

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:32:24 GMT

1. One threads per each instance of object

2. just having one instance of a assembly..

3. Static Instance Members Per-Process?

4. Per-Instance global variables

5. In-Proc DLL instance per object

6. COM and common data per instance

7. i am unable to read from a file having 26ascii character(ctrl+z)

8. I am having with my bishop

9. I am having troubles with the switch()

10. HELP, I am having problems with pointer...

11. I am having probability d

12. I am having probability difficulties...HELP