Item and Count in a COM object
Author Message
 Item and Count in a COM object

Which is the way to implement the methods 'Item()' and 'Count' for a collection
that is accessible by a VB client?
I have an object BookList that must contain a list of Books. I want to be able to
access at one book
from VB in this way:
BookList.Item(i).Title
How can I do this with ATL?
Thanks
Emanuele

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:59:44 GMT
 Item and Count in a COM object
The collection is just a COM object with certain agreed upon set of
properties and methods. You can implement it yourself however you want. For
a little help, see ICollectionOnSTLImpl
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Which is the way to implement the methods 'Item()' and 'Count' for a
collection
that is accessible by a VB client?
I have an object BookList that must contain a list of Books. I want to be
able to
access at one book
from VB in this way:
BookList.Item(i).Title
How can I do this with ATL?
Thanks
Emanuele

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:46:53 GMT

1. Understanding reference counts on com objects passed across processes

2. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method

3. Invoking COM object from COM object

4. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

5. COM Object returning COM Object Reference

6. COM object in a COM object

7. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

8. C++ COM-Object with COM-Object as parameter

9. Creating COM objects from COM objects

10. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

11. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

12. Using COM objects within COM objects