implementing an out-of-proc server.
Author Message
 implementing an out-of-proc server.

Hi,
 I have an interesting question. I have an exe1 which uses components in
seperate dlls(implemented as inproc servers ). Now I would like to modify
the exe1, so that I can get hold of the component interfaces from another
exe2. How can I do that ?

Thank you,
-Venkat

Sun, 23 May 2004 21:13:13 GMT
 implementing an out-of-proc server.
Your exe1 needs to be a COM server, and it should serve objects that
aggregate or contain objects from DLLs. You cannot just serve DLL objects
directly, because then you will have no idea when your server can safely
terminate. And of course all interfaces you plan to expose have to have
marshaling support.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,
>  I have an interesting question. I have an exe1 which uses components in
> seperate dlls(implemented as inproc servers ). Now I would like to modify
> the exe1, so that I can get hold of the component interfaces from another
> exe2. How can I do that ?

> Thank you,
> -Venkat

Mon, 24 May 2004 00:25:50 GMT

1. Converting In-Proc Server to out-Proce Server?

2. Problems passing objects to in-proc C# COM server from VBS

3. Basic questions about CLSCTX enum, inproc and out-of-proc servers

4. Getting marshalled interface from 2nd out-of-proc server

5. In Proc Server crashes, when hosted in COM+ surrogate all is fine

6. TLS and in-proc server (need clarification...)

7. Free threaded outof proc server and Single threaded components

8. atl, in proc server and constants

9. Using OLEDB classes from ATL in-proc server (eVC 3.0)

10. Catching Windows Shutdown in Out-Of-Proc server

11. In/Out proc server

12. handling windows messages inside an in-proc server