Injection of other interfaces into a type library.
Author Message
 Injection of other interfaces into a type library.

Hi,

We're developing DLLs using attributed programming. We
have a DLL that contains our API and any interfaces which
are implemented in other DLLs.

In the implementation DLLs we #import the api type library
with embedded_idl. This provides us with capability to
implement the simplified event model provided by VC7. The
only problem is that the #import seems to inject the
interfaces of the API into the typelib of the
implementation DLL. Is there a way to prevent this from
happening?

I've noticed for instance that importing the office type
libraries require that some are imported before others.
This is excatly what we want to achieve.

Thanks
Werner

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:30:46 GMT
 Injection of other interfaces into a type library.

> Hi,

> We're developing DLLs using attributed programming. We
> have a DLL that contains our API and any interfaces which
> are implemented in other DLLs.

> In the implementation DLLs we #import the api type library
> with embedded_idl. This provides us with capability to
> implement the simplified event model provided by VC7. The
> only problem is that the #import seems to inject the
> interfaces of the API into the typelib of the
> implementation DLL. Is there a way to prevent this from
> happening?

> I've noticed for instance that importing the office type
> libraries require that some are imported before others.
> This is excatly what we want to achieve.

> Thanks
> Werner

You can turn off injection of the imported interfaces by surrounding
#import as follows

[ emididl(false) ];
#import...
[ emitidl(true) ];

--
Sridhar Madhugiri, Visual C++ Team

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:50:29 GMT

1. Interface with Interface pointer from imported type library as argument

2. implementing interfaces from a type library

3. Reusing type libraries for reimplementing Interfaces

4. Seeing an interface in a type library

5. Exposing DirectDraw interfaces in a type library

6. Exposing interfaces in a type library that are infact defined in another type library.

7. template parameters which dictate the type of others

8. MessengerAPI type library - IDispatch enum type problem

9. HRESULT return type turns into void when adding class from type library

10. "Weak injection" bug in VC++ (dbtype)

11. DLL Process Injection

12. DLL injection scheme...