IPicture debug problem
Author Message
 IPicture debug problem

Hi,
I have a COM server (C++) which recieves an IPicture object from a VB
client.
Everything works fine, but when I try to debug the VB client, I get
"Catastrofic Error".
Can someone please explain why working via the de{*filter*} might cause a
problem when
working with IPicture objects ???

thanks,
Yoav.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:00:58 GMT
 IPicture debug problem
One possible cause is if you're trying to pass IPicture across process
boundaries.

Q150034 PRB: LPPICTUREDISP Cannot Be Passed Across Process Boundaries
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Another gotcha is if you are implementing a put_Picture, as opposed to a
putref_Picture method, you have to remember to actually make a copy of the
Picture object....

What you can try is to first use/debug using Picture stockProperty - this
might give you an idea on what is going wrong....

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a COM server (C++) which recieves an IPicture object from a VB
> client.
> Everything works fine, but when I try to debug the VB client, I get
> "Catastrofic Error".
> Can someone please explain why working via the de{*filter*} might cause a
> problem when
> working with IPicture objects ???

> thanks,
> Yoav.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:39:23 GMT

1. IPicture and Printing/Design Mode problems

2. IPicture Installation problems...

3. Problem with IPicture

4. IPicture and HBITMAP problem

5. ***IPicture Problem with IIS / Server-side ASP Comonent

6. Heap Problems: Both Debug and non-Debug versions of CRT are active

7. IPicture object to System::Drawing::Image

8. How to print EMF-File stored in a IPicture/StdPicture

9. IPicture across process boundaries

11. Creating IPicture from ATL

12. IPicture