importlib problem with Visual C++ 6
Author Message
 importlib problem with Visual C++ 6

I have developed an OCX control using Visual C++ 5.
The odl file contains the line "importlib(STDTYPE_TLB);"
When the type library is created, I get "importlib
("olepro32.dll");" in it.

I moved my project to Visual C++ 6, with no change to
the project/odl file. However, I don't see olepro32.dll
being imported in the type library.

I am getting unhandled exception when I use this control
in my application. I am not sure if the problem is due
to the missing importlib. However, I would be much
obliged if someone could tell me why olepro32.dll is not
imported and how to import it in VC++6.

Thanks and regards,
Kalyan

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 07:05:30 GMT
 importlib problem with Visual C++ 6
VC6 imports STDOLE2.TLB instead. It appears to define all the same stuff
as olepro32.dll.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I have developed an OCX control using Visual C++ 5.
> The odl file contains the line "importlib(STDTYPE_TLB);"
> When the type library is created, I get "importlib
> ("olepro32.dll");" in it.

> I moved my project to Visual C++ 6, with no change to
> the project/odl file. However, I don't see olepro32.dll
> being imported in the type library.

> I am getting unhandled exception when I use this control
> in my application. I am not sure if the problem is due
> to the missing importlib. However, I would be much
> obliged if someone could tell me why olepro32.dll is not
> imported and how to import it in VC++6.

> Thanks and regards,
> Kalyan

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 07:16:18 GMT

1. Visual C++ to eMbedded Visual C++ problem

2. Problem with Visual SourceSafe and Visual C++

3. problems with Visual C++ debugger and Visual J++

4. Visual C++/Visual Basic/COM Problem

5. ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6 gives problems in Visual Basic 6

6. Problem with Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0) !!!!

7. ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6 gives problems in Visual Basic 6

8. Visual C++/Visual Basic/COM Problem

9. Problem with Visual SourceSafe and Visual C++

10. MIDL namespace problems using importlib

11. Newbie Problem with Borland Turbo C++ and MS Visual C++

12. Visual C++ .NET coexisting with Visual C++ v6.0 SP5