Error "Cannot Load ActiveX component"
Author Message
 Error "Cannot Load ActiveX component"

I made a type library with VC++ COM ATL App wizard. It has
one method, no dependencies. When I add the type library
to a VB app running locally on teh same machine where the
VC++ COM object was developed, it works fine. But when I
use the same VC++ COM type library in a VB app on a diff
machine, I get an error "Cannot load ActiveX component". I
even copied the whole VC++ project directory with all the
files to the diff pc wheer the VB app runs and it still
doesn't work. What is the propper way to distribute and
deploe a VC++ COM ATL DLL with Type library for use in VB
Apps?

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:07:18 GMT
 Error "Cannot Load ActiveX component"
Have you registered the component? Run the following on the command line
on the target machine:

regsvr32 FullPath\MyComponent.dll

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I made a type library with VC++ COM ATL App wizard. It has
> one method, no dependencies. When I add the type library
> to a VB app running locally on teh same machine where the
> VC++ COM object was developed, it works fine. But when I
> use the same VC++ COM type library in a VB app on a diff
> machine, I get an error "Cannot load ActiveX component". I
> even copied the whole VC++ project directory with all the
> files to the diff pc wheer the VB app runs and it still
> doesn't work. What is the propper way to distribute and
> deploe a VC++ COM ATL DLL with Type library for use in VB
> Apps?

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:23:09 GMT

1. ERROR: memory cannot be "read"

2. "Cannot save file" error message

3. "Cannot save file" error message

4. Cannot compile--"error spanning cl.exe"

5. "Error in Loading DLL"

6. "Error in Loading DLL"

7. Error: Cant load package "devbied"???

8. Error "free"-ing "malloc"-ed memory

9. Error "Cannot load package 'devdtg'" came up while loading VC++

10. Problem getting "memory cannot be read"

11. MSDNMessageService "Cannot deserialize object"

12. "Memory cannot be read"?