Is it possible to create safearray with several data types
Author Message
 Is it possible to create safearray with several data types

Is It possible to make safearray which has several data types ?

for example, I have following data.

  "aa" , 3.4
  "bb" , 2.1
  "cc",  4

I want to make safearray containing all data.
the first column data is text type, and the second column data is numeric
type.

If it is possible to make one safearray,
please show me the sample code.

thanks

Sun, 16 May 2004 17:50:37 GMT
 Is it possible to create safearray with several data types
Use a safearray of VARIANTs. If the each element is a standard data type its
very straightforward; if you want to use structures then you''' need to do
some more work and use the VT_RECORD variant type.

Cheers

Paul

Quote:
> Is It possible to make safearray which has several data types ?

> for example, I have following data.

>   "aa" , 3.4
>   "bb" , 2.1
>   "cc",  4

> I want to make safearray containing all data.
> the first column data is text type, and the second column data is numeric
> type.

> If it is possible to make one safearray,
> please show me the sample code.

> thanks

Sun, 16 May 2004 18:08:02 GMT

1. s it possible to create safearray with several data types

2. How to COM's VARIANT* or SAFEARRAY data type in C#

3. SAFEARRAY data type VT_SAFEARRAY

4. How to create safearray or safearray?

5. ATL data type for VB Object data Type

6. SQL timestamp data type - correspondency with c++ data type

7. Mapping ADO data types with C++ data types

8. OLE data types / standard data types

9. creating new data type

10. Creating SET data types in C

11. how to display data source in several pages in ado.net like i do in ado

12. How to show data in several pages ?