Are resources still valid for an NT service after user logs off
Author Message
 Are resources still valid for an NT service after user logs off

Hi everybody,

I have to write a VB application that shall run as an NT service. Well -
actually I need to write an application that can run unattended (while the
workstation where it shall run on has no active user connected). The app
needs to get input data from a file server on an Novell network.

My question now is: Does anyone know if the resources that are marked as
permanent are still available for NT services ? Or do I have to use the WNet
API functions to get access to that server in order to get hold of that
file.

Any help be very much appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Steffen Oliver Schulz
SOS Consulting

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How To Close Registered Service as User Logs Off

2. VB Code to log current user off NT

3. log off current user in NT

4. Using an NT Service to get the logged in user

5. How do i make a server program that will log and log off other users

6. Programmatically kill user connection/log user off server.

7. HELP: Adding Icon to SysTray after Log Off for service app

8. VB program which keeps running even log off from NT

9. Logging off windows 2000 or NT

10. Script to Log off Windows NT

11. Logging off NT

12. Logging off NT