Hide app from task list
Author Message
 Hide app from task list

Simple question I think,

I am writing a simple network app to remotely shutdown/reboot/logoff win95
clients on our lan/wan (They just don't listen when I ask them to). It works
fine but I want to hide the client part from the user task list. Can't
remember the code to do it... any ideas?

Regards

David

Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from task list
Hi David,

Try this thing...

Public Declare Function RegisterServiceProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal
ProcessID As Long, ByVal ServiceFlags As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function GetCurrentProcessId Lib "kernel32" () As Long

'Form_Load Code
    RegisterServiceProcess GetCurrentProcessId, 1 ' To hide

'Form_Unload Code
    RegisterServiceProcess GetCurrentProcessId, 0 ' To Show

See YA !
Adarsh.

>Simple question I think,

>I am writing a simple network app to remotely shutdown/reboot/logoff win95
>clients on our lan/wan (They just don't listen when I ask them to). It
works
>fine but I want to hide the client part from the user task list. Can't
>remember the code to do it... any ideas?

>Regards

>David

Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hiding app from Task List

2. How do I hide app icon but still show app in task list

3. Hide app from "End Task" list

4. Launching Multiple threads from VB app / hide process in task list

5. Cheallenge :- Hide app from NT task list...

6. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.

7. hiding VB5 app from task list

8. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.

9. Answer: How to hide your app from the Task List

10. Hide an app from the task list

11. Hiding Task ID in Task List

12. Hiding from the Task Manager List ?