DUN & RAS Advice
Author Message
 DUN & RAS Advice

I am doing some research into getting Client 95 Laptops to Dial into NT RAS
(using VB).  The 95 Clients would essentially upload and download data.

I have looked at sample code from the 'Net' and Custom Controls (such as
Mabry) etc......

From what I have seen, it looks as if;

1.  The Windows 95 Client creates a Dialup Networking Session (using RAS
Dialup Class or Shell Function)
2.  This creates a session.
3.  I would assume that RAS creates a 'Mapped Drive' for the Client to 'see'
4.  A Dir and FileCopy is issued from the 95 Client.
5.  Error Checking or the use of a 'Flag File' would be used to ensure that
the Upload/Download Process was successful.

Does anyone have any experience in this area that they would be prepared to
offer any advice?  I would also be keen in looking for the answers to;

1.    As different people could use the laptops, how could I create a DUN
Session 'on the Fly' or do I have to 'Sendkey' to an existing 'Connect To'
session.
2.    Not knowing much about RAS Service on NT, does this scenario give me
PPP or FTP, which is better?
3.    Is what I am proposing relatively easy or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance

Christopher Vincent

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where can i get RAS/DUN code?

2. RAS/DUN

3. DUN ( RAS?) questions

4. Using Dial-up scripts with RAS/DUN

5. How do I force a call to end in DUN/RAS

6. DUN/RAS 'rasapi32.dll' API

7. TRY THIS - RAS/DUN

8. RAS/DUN from VB16?

9. RAS, DUN and byte count