NT Event Log
Author Message
 NT Event Log

My application uses Readeventlog to dump data from event log to a text file.
I have not been able to get the description text. Help suggests using
Loadlibrary and Formatmesssage. how do u tell which library has to be
loaded. If anybody can help me with this problem it will be great
Thank in advance
Pots

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Event Log
go here ...its got the best event log examples.

www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode

John Timney (MVP)

Quote:
>My application uses Readeventlog to dump data from event log to a text
file.
>I have not been able to get the description text. Help suggests using
>Loadlibrary and Formatmesssage. how do u tell which library has to be
>loaded. If anybody can help me with this problem it will be great
>Thank in advance
>Pots

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Event Log
Maybe you can help me on my stuff.  I am using the code that is referenced
and got it to work.  The only problem is that my users want to use event ID
1500 for informational messages (long story why 1500).  The code works fine
for event id 1 (that is event viewer displays it properly) but not for 1500.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Quote:

>go here ...its got the best event log examples.

>www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode

>John Timney (MVP)

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Logging events to NT Event Log from VB5

2. Event Log: Writing to the NT Event Log

3. Pass the NT account in a string to the NT event log

4. Accessing the NT Event Log in NT?

5. my events not showing up in NT event log

6. Does anyone know how to write an event into NT Event Log

7. Writing events to the NT Event Log

8. Access/NT Event Log

9. Windows 2000/NT Event log monitoring

10. NT Event Log from within VB