AUTO LOGON
Author Message
 AUTO LOGON

Does anyone know if there is an API call to login to windows 95?
Or if there is a any other way to auto logon after 95 is booted.
I know there is a program in the NT resource kit, is there anything similar
for 95?

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
It's not really an answer...
I have a similar problem : I'd like to make a custom login prompt to log on
a MS Network and I'm looking for API call to do it (if possible).
I found, by using TweakUI Power Toy, available at
http://nng.simplenet.com/apps/tui98.zip, that a Registry Key
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon)was
added to auto logon with a DefaultUserName and a DefaultPassword. Perhaps by
changing this values it is possible to auto logon another user the next time
you log off (not yet tested).

Rich Myott a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>Does anyone know if there is an API call to login to windows 95?
>Or if there is a any other way to auto logon after 95 is booted.
>I know there is a program in the NT resource kit, is there anything similar
>for 95?

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
use the RunServices registry entry to start a program that sendkeys to the
logon dialog.

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
I found this API, but I couldn't get it to work.

Private Declare Function LogonUser Lib "ADVAPI32.DLL" Alias "LogonUserA"
(ByVal lpszUsername As String, ByVal lpszDomain As String, ByVal
lpszPassword As String, ByVal dwLogonType As Long, ByVal dwLogonProvider As
Long, phToken As Long) As Long

Quote:

>use the RunServices registry entry to start a program that sendkeys to the
>logon dialog.

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
LogonUser will only work if you have the right priviledges, normally those
of an administrator.

Jason

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
This API call seems to be unsupported in Windows 95/98 (only NT)
Check MSDN "logonUser"

Rich Myott a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>I found this API, but I couldn't get it to work.

>Private Declare Function LogonUser Lib "ADVAPI32.DLL" Alias "LogonUserA"
>(ByVal lpszUsername As String, ByVal lpszDomain As String, ByVal
>lpszPassword As String, ByVal dwLogonType As Long, ByVal dwLogonProvider As
>Long, phToken As Long) As Long

>>use the RunServices registry entry to start a program that sendkeys to the
>>logon dialog.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
That was a good idea :-(
But it doesn't seems to work with the logon dialog !

Eric Davis a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>use the RunServices registry entry to start a program that sendkeys to the
>logon dialog.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AUTO LOGON
I have installed NT so my issue is resolved ... Thanks for everyone's help.

I think you could accomplish sendkeys with the "sendmessage" APIs. I had
written an application before that located a console window from a foreign
app and parsed its text. I was able to clear the text in the window and I
suspect that I could have added text and forced a command button click.

Quote:
>That was a good idea :-(
>But it doesn't seems to work with the logon dialog !

>Eric Davis a crit dans le message ...
>>use the RunServices registry entry to start a program that sendkeys to the
>>logon dialog.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. AUTO-LOGON TO ODBC-DATABASES FROM ACCESS

2. VB.NET Auto-Logon to Domain

3. ODBC Auto Logon to LINKED Access Tables - HOW??

4. Auto Logon

5. Auto Logon

6. MAPI Auto Logon

7. AUTO-LOGON TO ODBC-DATABASES FROM ACCESS

8. Urgen!Auto Logon and Run a Batch

9. Urgent: Auto logon and run a batch process

10. Win95 Auto Logon Problem

11. Auto input logon info for ODBC to Oracle

12. auto open to Change Logon Password tab