Getting the Logged in user on a computer
Author Message
 Getting the Logged in user on a computer

I have a Windows NT 4.0 Network and I want to know the following:

Is it possible to find out where a particular user is logged in on a
network?

Is it possible to find out who is logged into a particular workstation?

Is it possible for a service running on a client machine to figure out who
the logged-in user is (if any)? Assume that the service is not running under
the logged-in user's security context.  The service is probably running as
SYSTEM. (All I need to know is the username)

I've been toiling with these questions for some time now and have not found
any good sites of reference.

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the Logged in user on a computer
Take a look into NetWkstaUserEnum. This lists the users that have logged on
to an NT box since it rebooted - this includes the currently logged on user.

I have an example (unfinished - but working) that does this at
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/andy.doran

Andy

Quote:
> I have a Windows NT 4.0 Network and I want to know the following:

> Is it possible to find out where a particular user is logged in on a
> network?

> Is it possible to find out who is logged into a particular workstation?

> Is it possible for a service running on a client machine to figure out who
> the logged-in user is (if any)? Assume that the service is not running
under
> the logged-in user's security context.  The service is probably running as
> SYSTEM. (All I need to know is the username)

> I've been toiling with these questions for some time now and have not
found
> any good sites of reference.

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detect Users / Computers Logged On

2. user logged on a remote computer?

3. log computer and user names

4. List computer name of a logged on user

5. Prevent user from logging at different computers

6. How to find computer a user is logged on to

7. Getting info on logged in user WNetAddConnection

8. getting logged on user

9. Getting the logged on user?

10. Getting a Username/Group from the SID of a user logged on the network

11. Api for getting current win98 user log in?

12. api for getting session duration of logged in user