Detecting RAS & Protocol Installation
Author Message
 Detecting RAS & Protocol Installation

Please disregard the first part of this message.  The LoadLibrary
function seems to work in VB as well.
s.spencer

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detecting RAS & Protocol Installation
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to determine if RAS is installed
in VB?
In VC++, you could do a LoadLibrary function -
{
 LoadLibrary("RASAPI32")

}

Also, I need a way to detemine if TCP/IP and/or IPX have been installed
on the workstation, and if not, either prompt the user, or install the
protocol(s) for them (preferred method).

Thanks in advance.
Stephen Spencer

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detecting RAS & Protocol Installation
Thanks, Bill.  I'll try that.
This application has to work on Win 95/98, NT4, and Win2K, so I'll need
to check for all platforms.

Stephen Spencer

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detecting RAS & Protocol Installation
I'm guessing here, but if you try to create a RAS entry with those network
protocols it should fail if they are not installed.  To install them have a
look at the Resource Kit for your windows platform.  If it is NT4 then there
is an article in Appendix A that covers installing network protocols.

--
Bill McCarthy, MVP VB
Total Environment

Quote:
> Please disregard the first part of this message.  The LoadLibrary
> function seems to work in VB as well.
> s.spencer

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. .Inf/network protocol Installation

2. HOWTO:launch RAS installation wizard

3. Detecting a TCP Protocol Stack

4. Detecting Protocol

5. Detect netcard and protocol

6. Detect if User is LAN or RAS Connected

7. Detecting a new RAS connection

8. Detecting a new RAS connection

9. Ras detect

10. I missed it - Re: Detecting existing Net Connection ( RAS - Winsock )

11. How to detect a RAS connection

12. RAS Connections (Detecting)