HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Author Message
 HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

I wrote a small telnet client program, using VB5's Winsock thing to connect
to a UNIX server. Everything works fine UNTIL recently, it suddenly stopped
working. I haven't changed a single thing on the client side. And the
program works with other UNIX server too. The only thing I can see from my
side is: after the server asks me for login, and I send the login name, it
came back with request for not echo (which seems to be part of the normal
telnet thing.) But then it just hangs there.

Can anyone tell me what's the problem? Or does anyone has a working TELNET
code sample I can probably take a look at?

Thank you for any help/pointers/suggestions.

Faith

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're looking for a control specific for Telnet (and not limited
to VB5) we have one as part of our commercial SocketTools package. If
you want more of a 'roll your own' solution, we also include a Telnet
sample in our freeware SocketWrench package. You can download either
package from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

Quote:
>I wrote a small telnet client program, using VB5's Winsock thing to connect
>to a UNIX server. Everything works fine UNTIL recently, it suddenly stopped
>working. I haven't changed a single thing on the client side. And the
>program works with other UNIX server too. The only thing I can see from my
>side is: after the server asks me for login, and I send the login name, it
>came back with request for not echo (which seems to be part of the normal
>telnet thing.) But then it just hangs there.

>Can anyone tell me what's the problem? Or does anyone has a working TELNET
>code sample I can probably take a look at?

>Thank you for any help/pointers/suggestions.

----

Catalyst Development Corporation          Web:   http://www.catalyst.com

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a small app that logs on to an Telnet server and does whatever you
need done..
Then logs off.. With out any 3rd party OCX's!
Pure Source (And API Calls)

E-mail me, i'll get it for you!

--
Ricky

Ricky Harjes - TSCL

"Real programmers are those that can
sleep in front of terminals ... with their
eyes opened." - Anonymous

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quote:

>Hey,

>I wrote a small telnet client program, using VB5's Winsock thing to connect
>to a UNIX server. Everything works fine UNTIL recently, it suddenly stopped
>working. I haven't changed a single thing on the client side. And the
>program works with other UNIX server too. The only thing I can see from my
>side is: after the server asks me for login, and I send the login name, it
>came back with request for not echo (which seems to be part of the normal
>telnet thing.) But then it just hangs there.

>Can anyone tell me what's the problem? Or does anyone has a working TELNET
>code sample I can probably take a look at?

>Thank you for any help/pointers/suggestions.

>Faith

begin 666 Ricky S. Harjes.vcf

M1#TP00T*0412.TA/344Z.SL[.TU.#0I,04)%3#M(3TU%.DU.#0I54DPZ:'1T
M<#HO+W=W=RYG96]C:71I97,N8V]M+WYH;W=D>0T*55),.FAT=' Z+R]W=W<N
M9V5O8VET:65S+F-O;2]^:&]W9'D-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z:VAA

"#0H`
`
end

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. HELP ON VB winsock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Winsock vb Control vs Winsock 32 API??

4. WinSock v1.1 and v2.2 declares for VB - winsock.bas (0/1)

5. WinSock v1.1 and v2.2 declares for VB - winsock.bas (1/1)

6. I need help with VB and winsock API's

7. VB: Winsock Help Example Problems

8. Help-VB 5.0 Winsock

9. Help!! Using VB 5.0 Winsock Control

10. Help with WINSOCK problem in a VB Application

11. I need help using winsock control with VB 5.0

12. Help with WINSOCK problem in a VB Application