WNetGetNetworkInfo doesn't report correct status 
Author Message
 WNetGetNetworkInfo doesn't report correct status

I am trying to have an application determine if the local computer is
currently connected to a LAN. I tried using WNetOpenEnum and
WNetEnumResources but since the domain is always RESOURCE_GLOBALNET I don't
know if it's connected or not. I then tried WNetGetNetworkInformation but
NETINFOSTRUCT.dwStatus always returned WN_SUCCESS for the domain provider;
regardless of whether or not the PC was connected. Any ideas on how to
determine if the computer is actively connected?

I am developing on Windows NT Workstation and need to have the solution work
on NT and 95.

Thanks for any ideas,
Terry Z.



Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 1 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Dblist doesn't seem to work correct

2. Clipboard.SetText doesn't set the correct font name

3. Form doesn't show correct

4. HELP: rdoresultset.rowcount doesn't return correct row number

5. HELP: rdoresultset.rowcount doesn't return correct row number

6. HELP: rdoresultset.rowcount doesn't return correct row number

7. Status bar timer doesn't update

8. Status Bar - Timer doesn't work

9. sub report doesn't abid to main report

10. Distributing an app with Crystal Reports doesn't show report

11. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

12. Form_Load() doesn't execute, form doesn't load

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software