Initialize program
Author Message
 Initialize program

Hi,
Am I studying VB5 and would he/she like to know as to initialize a program
before the logon of the windows?

Thank you,
Hofner

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Initialize program
You can do this by modifying the registry.  Add a value for the application
you wish to start to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices.
The name of the value can be any unique string to identify the application.
 The data should a string value that is the exact command line needed for
the application to start.  This will be loaded before the user logs on.

If you wish to have the application start after the user has logged on put
the value in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
instead.

--
Jim Cook
Systems Support Analyst

Quote:
> Hi,
> Am I studying VB5 and would he/she like to know as to initialize a
program
> before the logon of the windows?

> Thank you,
> Hofner

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Initialize program
Do you realize that both the keys you gave were the same?
Quote:

> You can do this by modifying the registry.  Add a value for the application
> you wish to start to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices.
> The name of the value can be any unique string to identify the application.
>  The data should a string value that is the exact command line needed for
> the application to start.  This will be loaded before the user logs on.

> If you wish to have the application start after the user has logged on put
> the value in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
> instead.

> --
> Jim Cook
> Systems Support Analyst
> Kutak Rock
> Phone: 402.231.8351

> > Hi,
> > Am I studying VB5 and would he/she like to know as to initialize a
> program
> > before the logon of the windows?

> > Thank you,
> > Hofner

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Initialize program
Thanks for pointing out my mistake.  The second key should read
Jim Cook
Systems Support Analyst
Kutak Rock
Phone: 402.231.8351

Quote:
> Do you realize that both the keys you gave were the same?

> > You can do this by modifying the registry.  Add a value for the
application
> > you wish to start to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices.
Quote:
> > The name of the value can be any unique string to identify the
application.
> >  The data should a string value that is the exact command line needed
for
> > the application to start.  This will be loaded before the user logs on.

> > If you wish to have the application start after the user has logged on
put
> > the value in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Quote:
> > instead.

> > --
> > Jim Cook
> > Systems Support Analyst
> > Kutak Rock
> > Phone: 402.231.8351

> > > Hi,
> > > Am I studying VB5 and would he/she like to know as to initialize a
> > program
> > > before the logon of the windows?

> > > Thank you,
> > > Hofner

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Initialize program

2. Initialize program

3. Declaring&initializing variables

4. Initializing public constant array

5. Initializing an array in a module

6. Initializing a combo box from code

7. How to tell is an object has been initialized

8. Better method of detecting static array initialized?

9. Initialize Autonumber

10. Re-Initialize Access7.0-ODBC-Connection to SQL-Server

11. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

12. How to initialize Range with current Page