Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5
Author Message
 Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5

I need to write a VB5 app to broadcast (and receive) live audio and/or video
over TCP/IP, similar to CU-SeeMe.  Audio is a must; video would be a nice
bonus.  I am wondering if there is a custom control that will help me do
this.  I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.  Please e-mail any
thoughts to the address below.

Thank you,

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5
I've been working on something similar (security app.)
Here are a few hints:

1. For Audio, check out the VB5 CD (unsupported apps) for an Internet Phone
Application.
Its all but pure VB & API, apart from 1 Binary resource file. If nothing
else, you can duplicate
the code as needed.

2. For Video, there are no controls to do what you want, but there are some
that handle the
video capture side of things. WinNov supply capture Controls with their
capture card, Pegasus
sell a Capture Pro Contol ( free trial downl;oadable from the Web).

3. Check out http://ej.bantz.com/ which has some info on the VFW API.

4. You will need to learn the Video For Windows API. The Main Drawing
Functions are
DrawDIBxx functions. However, as far as Microsoft are concerned VFW is
obsolete
and you will get no joy on their WebSite.

5. Officially VFW is replaced by DirectX. The Video Capture version
DirectShow has only
just officially been released, and all samples are based around C++ code. On
the sample
CD their is a sample C++ video capture application, but good luck in
converting it to VB
(its beyond me at this stage).

Simon Parr

Quote:

>I need to write a VB5 app to broadcast (and receive) live audio and/or
video
>over TCP/IP, similar to CU-SeeMe.  Audio is a must; video would be a nice
>bonus.  I am wondering if there is a custom control that will help me do
>this.  I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.  Please e-mail any
>thoughts to the address below.

>Thank you,

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5
You'll want to send the payload data in UDP packets, which most Winsock
controls handle just fine. You should also check out IP Multicast to help
avoid congesting your network.

--
Eric Robinson
Check out my IPBandit control at http://members.tripod.com/SneakyWeb

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5

2. Broadcasting and receiving Audio/Video over TCP/IP with VB5

3. Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5

4. Broadcasting and receiving Audio/Video over TCP/IP with VB5

5. Broadcasting and receiving audio/video over TCP/IP with VB5

6. Broadcasting and receiving Audio/Video over TCP/IP with VB5

7. TCP/IP Connection Help - Broadcast Message

8. TCP/IP Broadcast

9. Receiving TCP/IP packets & handeling them

10. Send/Receive Files With TCP/IP or UDP

11. Video Streaming OCX over TCP/IP ?

12. Win APIs to play mpg video files, mp3 audio files and audio cds