send/recv binary file using winsock api
Author Message
 send/recv binary file using winsock api

I made server module using VC and client using VB.

Whenever I send binary file from client to server,
byte array is used to read and send binary file.
But I try to receive binary file, recv( socket, buff, len, flag ) is
only allowed
fixed-string array. Therefore, the received file is not work properly.

So, How can I receive binary file correctly using Winsock API?

Thanks advance..
? ?, Hyun Cho

Tel : 0562-220-6970
Fax : 0562-282-4188

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 send/recv binary file using winsock api
I made server module using VC and client using VB.

Whenever I send binary file from client to server,
byte array is used to read and send binary file.
But I try to receive binary file, recv( socket, buff, len, flag ) is
only allowed
fixed-string array. Therefore, the received file is not work properly.

So, How can I receive binary file correctly using Winsock API?

Thanks advance..
? ?, Hyun Cho

Tel : 0562-220-6970
Fax : 0562-282-4188

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 send/recv binary file using winsock api
Use the Winsock API from within VB.  This will allow you to declare the OUT
buffer of the recv (or WSARecv) functions as "Any".  This way, you can use
any kind of buffer to retrieve the data.

Quote:
> I made server module using VC and client using VB.

> Whenever I send binary file from client to server,
> byte array is used to read and send binary file.
> But I try to receive binary file, recv( socket, buff, len, flag ) is
> only allowed
> fixed-string array. Therefore, the received file is not work properly.

> So, How can I receive binary file correctly using Winsock API?

> Thanks advance..
> --
> A Co, Hyun Cho

> Tel : 0562-220-6970
> Fax : 0562-282-4188

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send/Recv files through winsock control, visual basic

2. How I send a binary/ascii file using winsock

3. winsock api help recv()

4. Cannot send/receive binary data using Winsock Control...

5. how to send binary data using winsock.ocx

6. Sending and Receiving Binary files with winsock

7. Send structured data using Winsock API

8. Transferring binary file using WinSock

9. http post with binary files using winsock

10. Sending files with Winsock API

11. How to print binary file using 32bit API's

12. Sending files using winsock control?