using packets as a data stream
Author Message
 using packets as a data stream

Quote:

> Here is basically my question:
> Say you have a continuos data feed, like a stock ticker, that sends out
> data as packets. Each packet consists of a message in ASCII text.
> Is there anyway for VB to either trap each packet as a string, so that
> it can be parsed into seperate fields, or at the very least allow the
> packet as an input type?
> I just basically need to know if it can a)recognize that there is data
> coming in. and b)if it can manipulate that data.

> Or is it possible for VB to detect and uses packets on a TCP/IP network?

> --

> Dusty Hoffpauir
> digitalNATION,Inc
> Windows NT Services
> phone: 703 642 2800
> fax:   703.642.3747
> X"If the world was flat, I'd grind the edge."X

If you can be a little more specific.   I decode packets from
stock market ticker feeds... in packets now, in VB

Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. detect winsock packet stream

2. Using Streams to publish web data

3. DX9 - Playing a streaming sound from a memory stream (not file stream)

4. Problem using 'Output Stream' command property to retrieve data stream from stored proc

5. Problem using 'Output Stream' command property to retrieve data stream from stored proc

6. Data packet

7. sending data packets

8. sending data packets

9. sending data packets

10. Send Ipx/spx or tcp/ip data Packet with/without winapi

11. Streaming Wav Audio from a UDP network stream to the sound card