Find Function in DLL Files 
Author Message
 Find Function in DLL Files

Best of luck.  There're a few programs on Tucows and some of the other
shareware sites, but none really work.  It's like trying to find Santa
Claus.

If anyone has a better ans, I'd sure like to know it too.

             Chuck Layton

Quote:

> Hi !
>     I want to know How I know about function in any DLL Files ? What's
> program can do that ?
>     I want to find function in DLL Files

> Best Regards

> Jikko





Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
Hi !
    I want to know How I know about function in any DLL Files ? What's
program can do that ?
    I want to find function in DLL Files

Best Regards

Jikko




Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
Jikko,

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but...
If you 'right-click' a dll-file and select 'quick-view', you get an overview
of the dll including the functions it exports.
It does not tell you what params a function expects.

bye,

Richard

Quote:

>Hi !
>    I want to know How I know about function in any DLL Files ? What's
>program can do that ?
>    I want to find function in DLL Files

>Best Regards

>Jikko





Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
You can use DUMP.EXE of MS Visual C++, with the /exports parameter.
But you cna't see the function arguments... :(

Marcelo
Brazil

Jikko escreveu na mensagem

Quote:
>Hi !
>    I want to know How I know about function in any DLL Files ? What's
>program can do that ?
>    I want to find function in DLL Files

>Best Regards

>Jikko





Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files

Quote:

>Hi !
>    I want to know How I know about function in any DLL Files ? What's
>program can do that ?
>    I want to find function in DLL Files

>Best Regards

Try using link.exe like:

link /dump /exports c:\windows\system\dllfile.dll

(it will usually scroll the whole screen, so try re-directing it to a
file like:

link /dump /exports c:\windows\system\dllfile.dll > c:\file.txt

Donkey

Quote:

>Jikko



DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"


Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
Go into references for the project that you want to use the DLL in and
select the dll file you would like to know about. Once you have done this,
just press F2 and it will tell you all about the DLL

Leif Bo Geisler
Datamatikerstuderende
Vejle Handelsskole



Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
Yeah, but it will work only with ActiveX DLLs. Not Win32 ones...
Quote:

> Go into references for the project that you want to use the DLL in and
> select the dll file you would like to know about. Once you have done this,
> just press F2 and it will tell you all about the DLL

> Leif Bo Geisler
> Datamatikerstuderende
> Vejle Handelsskole



Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files


Quote:
>Yeah, but it will work only with ActiveX DLLs. Not Win32 ones...

        Use Declare

Quote:

>> Go into references for the project that you want to use the DLL in and
>> select the dll file you would like to know about. Once you have done this,
>> just press F2 and it will tell you all about the DLL

>> Leif Bo Geisler
>> Datamatikerstuderende
>> Vejle Handelsskole

blg.


Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Find Function in DLL Files
You can get a list of the functions in a DLL by right clicking on the file
and selecting Quickview.

Quote:



>>Yeah, but it will work only with ActiveX DLLs. Not Win32 ones...

> Use Declare


>>> Go into references for the project that you want to use the DLL in and
>>> select the dll file you would like to know about. Once you have done
this,
>>> just press F2 and it will tell you all about the DLL

>>> Leif Bo Geisler
>>> Datamatikerstuderende
>>> Vejle Handelsskole

>blg.



Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Find Function in DLL Files

2. Find Function in DLL Files

3. Find Function in DLL Files

4. Find Function in DLL Files

5. Problems building install file - AutPrx32.dll, AutMgr32.dll, RACMGR32.dll, CLIREG32.exe NOT FOUND

6. VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

7. Find function in dll;Trouver une fonction dans une dll

8. Error: pdsodbc.dll not found, 20532 cannot find database dll

9. File not Found Error - DLL File

10. File not found using an external DLL file

11. Calling a DLL gives "File Not Found", but File Exists

12. Problems finding VBA322.dll functions from a copy of an MS Access database

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software