How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?
Author Message
 How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

I noticed that winsock control has a sendprogress event and a
sendcomplete event for sending data. However, when receving data there
is only a DataArrival event so you can read in all incoming data. Is
there ANY way of telling when the data being received has completed? I
noticed there is a BytesReceived function which tells how many bytes
currently recide in the input queue. Some of you may say just see if
this value equates to 0 and if it is then the data is complete;
however there are times when this function returns back 0 before it is
done and then 10 secs later it has a value > 0. I need something that
will absolutely tell me when the data received is completely done. Is
there a extremely reliable way?

Please reply via email

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?
You can send a header at the very begining to tell your program the amount
of bytes that you are going to transfer and then the information, so
constantly you can check the BytesReceived against the Bytes to transfer
that you send at the begining and when they're equal the job is done.

I hope this will be useful.

Regards

Gerardo Vlez

Quote:
> I noticed that winsock control has a sendprogress event and a
> sendcomplete event for sending data. However, when receving data there
> is only a DataArrival event so you can read in all incoming data. Is
> there ANY way of telling when the data being received has completed? I
> noticed there is a BytesReceived function which tells how many bytes
> currently recide in the input queue. Some of you may say just see if
> this value equates to 0 and if it is then the data is complete;
> however there are times when this function returns back 0 before it is
> done and then 10 secs later it has a value > 0. I need something that
> will absolutely tell me when the data received is completely done. Is
> there a extremely reliable way?

> Please reply via email

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

2. How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

3. How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

4. How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

5. How do you tell when Winsock's DataArrival Event is done?

6. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

7. Will somebody tell me what I am doing wrong with this ListView Control

8. tell another program i am done

10. How to tell when all a form and all it's elements are done loading

11. Determining when a file's done with Winsock

12. MCI control doesn't generate DONE Event