LogonUser Function
Author Message
 LogonUser Function

I am having a heck of time getting the function LogonUser to work in Windows
2000.  Everytime I run it I get error code 1314 (the client does not hold a
required privilege).  I've used AdjustTokenPrivilege to grant myself the
SE_TCB_NAME (SeTcbPrivilege) privilege just like the documentation says and
I still can't do squat.  My ultimate goal is to use the token from LogonUser
with CreateProcessAsUser but I'm stuck at the beginning.  Anyone have any
luck with this function?

Thanks,
A.

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:34:51 GMT
 LogonUser Function
Have a look at this example of enabling the priv:

<nobreak>
http://killervb.com/functionJunction.aspx?
module=M+TokenPrivileges.Bas
</nobreak>

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Monte Hansen
http://killervb.com  [new site, new code]
Coding in the dead of night.
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Quote:

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:23:30 GMT
 LogonUser Function
Hi,

To acquire the SE_TCB_NAME privilege, you need to grant the user "Act as a
part of the operating system" user right.

Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Regards,

Kally Wang
Microsoft Support Professional

I am having a heck of time getting the function LogonUser to work in Windows
2000.  Everytime I run it I get error code 1314 (the client does not hold a
required privilege).  I've used AdjustTokenPrivilege to grant myself the
SE_TCB_NAME (SeTcbPrivilege) privilege just like the documentation says and
I still can't do squat.  My ultimate goal is to use the token from LogonUser
with CreateProcessAsUser but I'm stuck at the beginning.  Anyone have any
luck with this function?

Thanks,
A.

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:59:59 GMT
 LogonUser Function
Oops. Did forget to mention that :)

Good catch Kally.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Monte Hansen
http://killervb.com  [new site, new code]
Coding in the dead of night.
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Quote:

confers no rights.
>Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

>Regards,

>Kally Wang
>Microsoft Support Professional

microsoft.public.vb.winapi,microsoft.public.vb.winapi.netwo
rks
Quote:

>I am having a heck of time getting the function LogonUser
to work in Windows
>2000.  Everytime I run it I get error code 1314 (the

client does not hold a
Quote:
>required privilege).  I've used AdjustTokenPrivilege to
grant myself the
>SE_TCB_NAME (SeTcbPrivilege) privilege just like the

documentation says and
Quote:
>I still can't do squat.  My ultimate goal is to use the

token from LogonUser

>with CreateProcessAsUser but I'm stuck at the beginning.
Anyone have any
>luck with this function?

>Thanks,
>A.

>.

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 04:01:51 GMT
 LogonUser Function
The problem I have found using this is that just setting the tcb name
priveledge does set the priveledge for the calling process but for some
reason it is not active, once a logoff or a reboot occurs then the
priveledge is active and set..
Once you set the SE_TCB_NAME property, in windows 2000, goto the
administrative tools and look at Local Security Settings/Security
Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignments. Double click on Act as part
of the operating system and view the effective policy setting for the user,
if the EP Setting is unchecked then it isnt active. Only a reboot or  a
logoff(?) will set it..

if there is another way let me know...

Thanks

Hope that helps

Quote:
> I am having a heck of time getting the function LogonUser to work in
Windows
> 2000.  Everytime I run it I get error code 1314 (the client does not hold
> required privilege).  I've used AdjustTokenPrivilege to grant myself the
> SE_TCB_NAME (SeTcbPrivilege) privilege just like the documentation says
and
> I still can't do squat.  My ultimate goal is to use the token from
LogonUser
> with CreateProcessAsUser but I'm stuck at the beginning.  Anyone have any
> luck with this function?

> Thanks,
> A.

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 02:09:09 GMT

1. LogonUser Function

2. LogonUser function - help please!

3. LogonUser function declaration problem

4. LogonUser API function - question

5. LogonUser advapi32.dll function

6. LogonUser with no password?

7. LogonUser API Impersonation to SQL Server

8. Calling LogonUser from .Net returns error code 126.

9. Help with Logonuser

10. Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

11. How to Use LogOnUser

12. Trouble with LogonUser API