Setting the workstation name
Author Message
 Setting the workstation name

Has anyone had any experience with the NetWkstaSetInfo API?

We are purchasing a large number of workstations and need to programatically
set the workstation name (NT 4.0) and add the computer to a WinNT domain.

The trouble I am having is that the documentation for the NetWkstaSetInfo
API seems to be wrong.  The function prototype lists 4 parameters but the
documentation describes 5 parameters.  The one that seems to be missing is
called parm_num which is supposed to tell the function whether it is being
passed a single value or a complete structure.

Thanks in advance for ayny help.

Mark Towslee
NYS DFA

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting the workstation name
Mark,

Why can't you set this information by using an unattended NT installation?

Jason

Quote:

>Has anyone had any experience with the NetWkstaSetInfo API?

>We are purchasing a large number of workstations and need to
programatically
>set the workstation name (NT 4.0) and add the computer to a WinNT domain.

>The trouble I am having is that the documentation for the NetWkstaSetInfo
>API seems to be wrong.  The function prototype lists 4 parameters but the
>documentation describes 5 parameters.  The one that seems to be missing is
>called parm_num which is supposed to tell the function whether it is being
>passed a single value or a complete structure.

>Thanks in advance for ayny help.

>Mark Towslee
>NYS DFA

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting users name and workstation name Urgent

2. Obtaining the network name of the workstation running my VB app

3. Change the ATM ELAN name on a remote Win2K workstation

4. Change name of the workstation

5. List Workstation names

6. Get WorkStation Name

7. How to obtain logged in user and workstation name

8. Need to determine a workstation's Workgroup name

9. Network API: Reading names of workstations from server?

10. API call to get workstation and user name??

11. Finding the workstation name of a currently logged on user

12. Get the workstation name that the user last logged in with