GetFileSecurity API
Author Message
 GetFileSecurity API

All,

I am attempting to call the GetFileSecurity API from VB with
the text from VB's Win32.txt with no success. I am trying to
obtain the Owner's SID.  Does anyone have any working code
or some insight into why this code crashes when called?  I can
query DACL info but cannot obtain the Owner SID.

Weird.

Thanks in advance,
--
Richard Puckett
Senior  Computer Systems Engineer

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetFileSecurity API
All,

It is actually the GetSecurityDescriptorOwner API I am
interested in, sorry for the mix up

Richard

Quote:
>All,

>I am attempting to call the GetFileSecurity API from VB with
>the text from VB's Win32.txt with no success. I am trying to
>obtain the Owner's SID.  Does anyone have any working code
>or some insight into why this code crashes when called?  I can
>query DACL info but cannot obtain the Owner SID.

>Weird.

>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in advance,
>--
>Richard Puckett
>Senior  Computer Systems Engineer

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetFileSecurity API
Richard,

I know this is not exactly what you are asking for but perhaps it's usefull.
Check out this site http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode and try my code
sample on this site http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/code/ntsec.zip

bye now,

Richard Kuiper

Quote:
>All,

>I am attempting to call the GetFileSecurity API from VB with
>the text from VB's Win32.txt with no success. I am trying to
>obtain the Owner's SID.  Does anyone have any working code
>or some insight into why this code crashes when called?  I can
>query DACL info but cannot obtain the Owner SID.

>Weird.

>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in advance,
>--
>Richard Puckett
>Senior  Computer Systems Engineer

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using GetFileSecurity api in activex control?

2. Help: p/invoke - Dealing with buffers & GetFileSecurity

3. GetFileSecurity

4. GetFileSecurity

5. GetFileSecurity - SetFileSecurity

6. GetFileSecurity

7. GETFIleSecurity

8. View/Modify ACL's using GetFileSecurity and SetFileSecurity

9. GetFileSecurity

10. GetFileSecurity & SetFileSecurity for ACL Info

11. API API API

12. API, API, Who's got the API