Run-time Error 372 with winsock control
Author Message
 Run-time Error 372 with winsock control

Hi all,

Run-time error 372
Failed to load control 'winsock' From MSWINSck.ocx your version of
MSWINSck.ocx may be outdated.  Make
sure you are using the version of the conrtrol that was provided with your
application.

Please help, I'm using the winsock control on on my project to get the local
IP address and Hostname
After loading the program it works fine for several times, but then at some
point I get the error message above when
form tries to load and then I have to click OK and the program ends.  If I
reinstall the program then it works fine again. Any ideas???
The client machine is win95. I used VB6 SP5 to create.

code**********************

Private Sub Form_Load()

 InitProgram
    lblip.Caption = Winsock1.LocalIP
    lblcompname.Caption = Winsock1.LocalHostName
    StringIP = lblip.Caption
    StringCompName = lblcompname.Caption
    lblOS.Caption = "You are using " & OSVersion()

 End sub

Sub InitProgram()

Dim sINIFile As String
Dim sServerName As String

'Store the location of the INI file
sINIFile = App.Path & "\eussettings.INI"

'Read the Server Name from the INI file
sServerName = sGetINI(sINIFile, "Settings", "ServerName", "?")

If sServerName = "?" Then
      'No Server name was present - ask for it and save for next time
      sServerName = InputBox$("Enter SQLserver Address please:")
      writeINI sINIFile, "Settings", "ServerName", sServerName
End If

txtserver = sServerName

End Sub

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:29:30 GMT
 Run-time Error 372 with winsock control
Hi :D

i don't know if this could help.. but
have you tried to copy the winsock
control
(from de VB6 SP5) directly to the
application folder ???

give it a chance... :D

tell me if it works... or if it doesn't

--

Atte.
      Ivan Barrera A.

en el mensaje de noticias

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Run-time error 372
> Failed to load control 'winsock' From

MSWINSck.ocx your version of
Quote:
> MSWINSck.ocx may be outdated.  Make
> sure you are using the version of the

conrtrol that was provided with your
Quote:
> application.

> Please help, I'm using the winsock

control on on my project to get the
local
Quote:
> IP address and Hostname
> After loading the program it works

fine for several times, but then at some
Quote:
> point I get the error message above
when
> form tries to load and then I have to

click OK and the program ends.  If I
Quote:
> reinstall the program then it works

fine again. Any ideas???
Quote:
> The client machine is win95. I used
VB6 SP5 to create.

> code**********************

> Private Sub Form_Load()

>  InitProgram
>     lblip.Caption = Winsock1.LocalIP
>     lblcompname.Caption =

Winsock1.LocalHostName
Quote:
>     StringIP = lblip.Caption
>     StringCompName =
lblcompname.Caption
>     lblOS.Caption = "You are using " &
OSVersion()

>  End sub

> Sub InitProgram()

> Dim sINIFile As String
> Dim sServerName As String

> 'Store the location of the INI file
> sINIFile = App.Path &
"\eussettings.INI"

> 'Read the Server Name from the INI
file
> sServerName = sGetINI(sINIFile,

"Settings", "ServerName", "?")
Quote:

> If sServerName = "?" Then
>       'No Server name was present -

ask for it and save for next time
Quote:
>       sServerName = InputBox$("Enter

SQLserver Address please:")
Quote:
>       writeINI sINIFile, "Settings",

"ServerName", sServerName

> End If

> txtserver = sServerName

> End Sub

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:22:54 GMT
 Run-time Error 372 with winsock control
Hi,

Tried, didn't work. I have found out that my program works fine until
another program is opened and then closed.
That is when I get my error.

Thanks
Gerry

Quote:
> Hi :D

> i don't know if this could help.. but
> have you tried to copy the winsock
> control
> (from de VB6 SP5) directly to the
> application folder ???

> give it a chance... :D

> tell me if it works... or if it doesn't

> --

> Atte.
>       Ivan Barrera A.
>       Telefnica Internet Empresas

> en el mensaje de noticias

> > Hi all,

> > Run-time error 372
> > Failed to load control 'winsock' From
> MSWINSck.ocx your version of
> > MSWINSck.ocx may be outdated.  Make
> > sure you are using the version of the
> conrtrol that was provided with your
> > application.

> > Please help, I'm using the winsock
> control on on my project to get the
> local
> > IP address and Hostname
> > After loading the program it works
> fine for several times, but then at some
> > point I get the error message above
> when
> > form tries to load and then I have to
> click OK and the program ends.  If I
> > reinstall the program then it works
> fine again. Any ideas???
> > The client machine is win95. I used
> VB6 SP5 to create.

> > code**********************

> > Private Sub Form_Load()

> >  InitProgram
> >     lblip.Caption = Winsock1.LocalIP
> >     lblcompname.Caption =
> Winsock1.LocalHostName
> >     StringIP = lblip.Caption
> >     StringCompName =
> lblcompname.Caption
> >     lblOS.Caption = "You are using " &
> OSVersion()

> >  End sub

> > Sub InitProgram()

> > Dim sINIFile As String
> > Dim sServerName As String

> > 'Store the location of the INI file
> > sINIFile = App.Path &
> "\eussettings.INI"

> > 'Read the Server Name from the INI
> file
> > sServerName = sGetINI(sINIFile,
> "Settings", "ServerName", "?")

> > If sServerName = "?" Then
> >       'No Server name was present -
> ask for it and save for next time
> >       sServerName = InputBox$("Enter
> SQLserver Address please:")
> >       writeINI sINIFile, "Settings",
> "ServerName", sServerName
> > End If

> > txtserver = sServerName

> > End Sub

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:25:21 GMT
 Run-time Error 372 with winsock control
I think your problem is probably the lack of network
capabilities in win95.  If this is all you use the winsock
for you could try removing it and using the api instead.

Peter

Quote:

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:16:59 GMT

1. run-time error 372

2. Run time error 372

3. Run Time Error 372

4. Runtime error 372 failed to load

5. Runtime Error 372 - mscomctl.ocx help!

6. Runtime error 372 - SOLUTION

7. Runtime error 372

8. Runtime Error 372 - fail to load SSTAB32.OCX?

9. Runtime Error 372

10. Runtime erroe 372 - Failed to load control

11. Error 372: control may be outdated?

12. Winsock control run-time error '10037'