Create an NT Group
Author Message
 Create an NT Group

Hi,
Does any one know how to create a NT Global groups and set its members ?
Do you have any sample code. I need to do this from VB 5.0.

Thanks
Meenu

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Create an NT Group
Use the function NetGroupAdd to create a global group on your network.
Use the function NetGroupAddUser to give an existing user account membership
in an existing global group.

You can find all these function of the microsoft web site:
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/?FinishURL=/msdn/library/de...

(I think you have to be registered to get to this site). Search for "Net
Functions"

I'm sorry that I cannot give you any example code...I'm not at my personal
computer right now. Hope the rest of the info helps.

Quote:

--
                       \\~ ~//

        ----------o00o-(_)-o00o-------------

--As time passes, I no longer care about all those times I made a fool
--out of myself trying something new; I do regret thoes times when I never
--even tried.

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Create an NT Group
Hi,

Thanx a lot, Zelikovich.

 I have searched the microsoft site to get the VB equivalent....
Can anyone point me to some site where there is a sample code or some VB
help on this..

Thanks
Meenu

Quote:

>Use the function NetGroupAdd to create a global group on your network.
>Use the function NetGroupAddUser to give an existing user account
membership
>in an existing global group.

>You can find all these function of the microsoft web site:
>http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/?FinishURL=/msdn/library/de....
htm

>(I think you have to be registered to get to this site). Search for "Net
>Functions"

>I'm sorry that I cannot give you any example code...I'm not at my personal
>computer right now. Hope the rest of the info helps.

>> Hi,
>> Does any one know how to create a NT Global groups and set its members ?
>> Do you have any sample code. I need to do this from VB 5.0.

>> Thanks
>> Meenu

>--
>                       \\~ ~//

>        ----------o00o-(_)-o00o-------------

>--As time passes, I no longer care about all those times I made a fool
>--out of myself trying something new; I do regret thoes times when I never
>--even tried.

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Create an NT Group
There is plenty of sample VB code for doing this at
www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode

Cheers,

Andy

Quote:

.
>htm

>>(I think you have to be registered to get to this site). Search for "Net
>>Functions"

>>I'm sorry that I cannot give you any example code...I'm not at my personal
>>computer right now. Hope the rest of the info helps.

>>> Hi,
>>> Does any one know how to create a NT Global groups and set its members ?
>>> Do you have any sample code. I need to do this from VB 5.0.

>>> Thanks
>>> Meenu

>>--
>>                       \\~ ~//

>>        ----------o00o-(_)-o00o-------------

>>--As time passes, I no longer care about all those times I made a fool
>>--out of myself trying something new; I do regret thoes times when I never
>>--even tried.

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating program group in NT

2. create NT users and groups from VB?

3. VB to create NT groups

4. How to create NT/2000 Groups from Win9x?

5. Enum groups in groups (NT)

6. creating a program group and group items

7. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

8. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

9. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

10. Grouping Tool Windows: tab group or tiled group

11. Stopping data from being grouped by Group 1 when that group is suppressed

12. Determine NT Group Memebership