Getting DNS requests via Winsock
Author Message
 Getting DNS requests via Winsock

How can we perform a function similar to nslookup using
the winsock controls?  I'd like to check whether a few
DNS servers are alive by periodically pointing requests to
them and checking whether any response is received.

I don't wish to use the GetHostByName function which
only uses the DNS servers defined by the PC's IP setting.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ken

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get DNS request via Winsock

2. DNS resolve via Winsock

3. getting files from net via winsock

4. .NET DNS Manipulation via WMI

5. changing win2k dns domain via registry

6. WinSock HELP - need reverse DNS lookup ...

7. DNS Lookup with Winsock Control

8. Pointer needed, Winsock.ocx DNS

9. dns lookup within winsock

10. Winsock control and UDP to simulate DNS server

11. WinSock HELP - need reverse DNS lookup ...

12. winsock control and dns timout