NT-Service
Author Message
 NT-Service

Hello

how can i make my vb-prog to an NT-Service??

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT-Service
Best way is to use the NTSVC control from Microsoft.

However, it's distributed as C++ source code only, and
the code contains a few bugs that need to be corrected.

Microsoft's source code distribution is available at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/msdn_ntsrvocx.htm

Here's a link to a binary distribution of the NTSVC control:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/3991/ntsvcocx.html

Quote:
> Hello

> how can i make my vb-prog to an NT-Service??

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT-Service
There is an MSDN article that shows how to do this. Basically write (or
just compile the sample code) a C++ NT Service that spawns a VB exe
whose name it is passed.

Thanks

Quote:
        how can i make my vb-prog to an NT-Service??

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT-Service
Look at the ServiceMill Control at http://www.activeplus.com/

I use it and it works OK.

--
Jeff Jones, Marietta, GA USA
Sola Deo Gloria

> how can i make my vb-prog to an NT-Service??

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

2. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

3. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

4. Help: W2K, IIS, ASP, Component Services, SQL, NT Service and VB

5. Searching for OCX ==>> NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic

6. Windows NT Service

7. Compact database as NT Service.

8. Failure to Launch Outlook 2000 As a NT Service

9. Outlook won't start from VB NT Service

10. Using Outlook Object Model in an NT service

11. Using Outlook Lib as an NT service

12. own NT Services