Adding computers to domain
Author Message
 Adding computers to domain

Hi!

How do a add computers to a specific domain?

//Patrik

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding computers to domain
Complicated using VB... (trust me, I've spent weeks trying to make it work)

In the Windows NT Resource kit, there's a utility called NetDom.

If you need to add the computer to a domain from within a vb program, I
suggest you use the shell command to start NetDom.exe, pipe the output to a
file, make the program wait for the file to appear, and read the results
from it.

Quote:
> Hi!

> How do a add computers to a specific domain?

> file://Patrik

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding computers to domain
A computer account is just an account in the SAM much like any other, but
you need to stick to some specific rules (like max 15 characters, trailing $
and password is the same as the computer name truncated to 14 characters).

Look at Technet article Q136867 to see what the rules are. You then use
NetUserAdd and NetUserDel to add and remove computer accounts.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote:
> Hi!

> How do a add computers to a specific domain?

> file://Patrik

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding computers to domain
If you're interested, I wrote some code that does this in VB. Let me know if
you want a copy.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote:
> Complicated using VB... (trust me, I've spent weeks trying to make it
work)

> In the Windows NT Resource kit, there's a utility called NetDom.

> If you need to add the computer to a domain from within a vb program, I
> suggest you use the shell command to start NetDom.exe, pipe the output to
> file, make the program wait for the file to appear, and read the results
> from it.

> > Hi!

> > How do a add computers to a specific domain?

> > file://Patrik

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Add computer to domain

2. Ghost Sysprep XP add computer to domain inside OU

3. Add computer in domain with vbs or tools call by vbs

4. Adding Computer to Domain script

5. Add computer to domain

6. add user to every computer in domain

7. Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain

8. How to add a computer accout to the domain

9. Add a computer to a domain

10. Adding computer account to w2k domain

11. How to add/remove an NT Computer account from Domain

12. HELP: Listing domains and computers in the domains